Check out our Photo & Video Gallery
Affluenza: How Overconsumption is Killing Us and How to Fight Back
Thursday, March 13, 6:30–8 pm
YWCA, 1026 N Forest St, Bellingham (map)
with filmmaker, author, and activist John de Graaf
The appetite that drives us to spend most waking hours almost wholly dedicated to getting and spending has broken our connection to what it means to be creators, rather than consumers. Join our community for an important conversation, led by author John de Graaf, on how we can work together to overcome affluenza and regain our creativity, control, and time.
2014 Co-op Board Election March 1–31
Your vote counts—vote for your Board representatives!
Go to www.voting.coop—
• Browse the “Board Candidates” page to read profiles about our candidates.
• Click on “vote” and follow the instructions to login and select up to two candidates.
• Member-owners who have paid their dues and member-owners age 62 and older have one vote per membership number.
• If you have any trouble voting let us know—we’ll make sure you can cast your ballot.
• Voting closes at 10 pm Monday, March 31.
Update on the New Holly Street Property from the General Manager
The Co-op is now the proud owner of the property directly across Holly Street from the Downtown store. Initial plans are to remodel the site for a new Healthy Connections classroom and administrative office, which will take about half the space. Design development, cost estimates, and permits are expected to take about 5 months. The new spaces are currently planned to be ready for occupancy in early 2015.
Adding this site so close to the downtown store opens up a wide variety of possibilities. Over time we expect it to create the flexibility we need to improve the Forest Street parking lot and make improvements inside the store.