The Community Food Co-op is Bellingham’s only consumer-owned grocery store. That means if you join, you own it. In return, we pledge to serve our owners with quality products and honest information. Our purpose is not to generate a profit for a single owner but to stay financially strong so we can serve the needs of the owners and to give back to the community.
- Discounts on special orders
- Owner-only coupons and specials
- Annual patronage dividend (in years when the Co-op is profitable)
- Voting privileges for the Board of Directors
- Participate in Co-op Governance
- Use of Community Rooms—Cordata Roots Room or Downtown Connection Building
- Support local businesses, food producers, and nonprofit organizations
- Receive discounts from our local business partners.
How to Join
You can sign up at any register or the service desk.
Ownership requires a one-time fully refundable capital investment of $90, or you can pay a minimum $3 per month to maintain your membership until you’re paid in full.
Owners pay a $5 annual owner dues, which is non-refundable.
The capital investment and annual fees are waived for seniors age 62 or older.